The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #1121
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamt last night that I lived in an apartment complex, and that Diamond18 was moving back into the apartment that she had vacated several weeks before. I remember snooping around, looking at all the evidence she had left behind her the first time - including a heart scraped into wet cement that read

Sarah
+
The Ground
Forever

I also dreamed that Rune was using any means possible to contact me - email, phone, instant message, letter, telepathy, friends...every time I turned around, there he was. Stalker.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 01:03 PM   #1122
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Sarah
+
The Ground
Forever
That's just hysteric.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:23 AM   #1123
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I was about to complain that I didn't have any interesting BD dream for a long time, and tonight it came. I had a dream that there was a presidental election at the Downs, and in the end there were three possible candidates: Nerwen, Aganzir and Lommy. When thinking about my vote, I presumed that Nerwen is not going to get enough support from others, so voting her would have been a waste of vote. I decided to vote for Lommy.
I may also add that the voting process was somewhat nontypical: the candidates did not have any speeches or presentations or anything like that, instead, if a voter chose to vote for someone, there was time reserved for every candidate when she was sitting alone in what was in fact a class room in the high school I used to attend, and each voter could come in and tell the candidate why they decided to vote her.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:31 AM   #1124
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think it's quite cool that you voted me - just as long as you make sure you don't do it in ww.

I had an odd dream and it featured some 'downers, unfortunately I can't remember whom. Volo was there certainly, though: I was travelling with him in some odd country and he did some crime and was sentenced to receive ten lashes. He was terribly afraid of it and all I could think of saying to comfort him was: "You don't die of it." (Might tell something of my presumed social skills... ) Then for the rest of dream I wandered around the weird country, trying to find Volo a lawyer and he followed me wailing and walking like a zombie and not being of any assistance at all.

Maybe I'm a bit sadistic, but now afterwards that dream actually amuses me...
Old 02-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #1125
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I think it's quite cool that you voted me - just as long as you make sure you don't do it in ww.
Well, I think it's good that it came after the last game - now you can see that my votes are not always harmful.

And poor Volo, what did he do to deserve this?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #1126
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hey Legate, was Hookbill the Goomba there to cover the election process?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #1127
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I might have had a dream in which DWII had already started and I hadn't signed in. Aganzir was modding it and Day3 was going on. For some reason the roles hadn't been given yet but the family chart had been made. Aganzir told me that I could and should join, but I wondered if joining so late was legal. I decided it was and joined.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:01 AM   #1128
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I had a COOL dream the other night...

My brother and I were in his car and driving along the motorway going home. We noticed that all the cars were driving quite fast and people were screaming. Looking out of the back window I saw, far away in the distance, a HUGE Dragon curled up and sleeping. My brother drove faster and we got to the top of Parbold Hill (the hill near my house). We saw that the Dragon was now moving and wandering aimlessly around the countryside.
When we got home Legate and Rune were in the kitchen and pulling lots of tea-pots out of the dishwasher and laughing.
"Don't you know there's a Dragon out there?" I asked, and Rune started crying.
Then Lommy ran into my house and locked the door.
"It's heading for the zoo!" she cried, "We need to save the Penguins! It's after them!" But as I looked out of the window I saw the Dragon's foot step through my neighbour's house. The Dragon looked rather bemused and began shuffling forward. So we all hid under the table. Like you do.
The Dragon destroyed half of my house and then wandered on. Legate complained that all the tea pots were now broken. Rune wore a horned helmet and was very angry about it. Lommy was still trying to get us to go to the zoo but no one seemed to care that I now had only half a house.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:06 AM   #1129
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Last night Gandalf and I visited Professor and Mrs. Tolkien, who live (apparently) in a hobbit hole. Mrs. Tolkien made me a fruit slushy, and Professor Tolkien offered me tea.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #1130
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thumbs up

Hookbill, that was total madness but so funny.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 AM   #1131
Volo

I saw a WW dream once again. Day1 started and for some reason Nerwen and I each lost one because we were attacked. It was obviously so that players would die only after the second attack, but the Wolves could attack twice a Night. I wanted to say something to the mod, but I wasn't sure who it was. I remembered that morm was planning to mod a game with something like this, but I also thought that Aganzir's game was supposed to be going on.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:00 PM   #1132
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had one the other night...that lots of the Barrowdowns ladies had a RL girlie get-together. One of my RL friends was there too and when I told her that all these people had only known each other online before, she was amazed - but you all get on really well and they're all really cool, she said.
Funnily enough, I don't remember which women were present or even who the RL friend was. I just remember Lommy being there because I remember thinking, oh, she's grown up a lot since she had that photo taken (the one on the photo page).
Old 02-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #1133
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
I had a COOL dream the other night...

My brother and I were in his car and driving along the motorway going home. We noticed that all the cars were driving quite fast and people were screaming. Looking out of the back window I saw, far away in the distance, a HUGE Dragon curled up and sleeping. My brother drove faster and we got to the top of Parbold Hill (the hill near my house). We saw that the Dragon was now moving and wandering aimlessly around the countryside.
When we got home Legate and Rune were in the kitchen and pulling lots of tea-pots out of the dishwasher and laughing.
"Don't you know there's a Dragon out there?" I asked, and Rune started crying.
Then Lommy ran into my house and locked the door.
"It's heading for the zoo!" she cried, "We need to save the Penguins! It's after them!" But as I looked out of the window I saw the Dragon's foot step through my neighbour's house. The Dragon looked rather bemused and began shuffling forward. So we all hid under the table. Like you do.
The Dragon destroyed half of my house and then wandered on. Legate complained that all the tea pots were now broken. Rune wore a horned helmet and was very angry about it. Lommy was still trying to get us to go to the zoo but no one seemed to care that I now had only half a house.
If you'd been lucid dreaming then you could have trapped the dragon in the quicksands north of Southport Pier if he was that big he was stomping all over Lancashire!

Did you know West Lancs is one of the places rumoured to be Arthur's resting place and the Douglas is a magical river which runs out of Martin Mere which was supposed to be where the lady of the lake lived? Therefore Lancelot is a Lancastrian - and aren't there links from Lancelot to Dragons?
Old 02-26-2008, 03:12 PM   #1134
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Some nights ago I had a dream Legate, Lommy and I were talking in the MSN. Legate said he and Might were going to run a LARP because his roleplaying group was very interested in trying it. He told us some words he had invented himself in order to use them in the game, and asked our opinions on them. The only one I remember was Gustavbirch. "It's a tree that attacks passers-by," he explained. Lommy and I thought it sounded like some boring Swedish king.

Last night I dreamed Nerwen posted a picture of herself on the photo page. She looked quite like I had been imagining she would - she was pretty, rather tall and skinny and had long, light brown hair and a narrow face. She was wearing a black shirt and jeans. I don't remember exactly how old she looked like - about 20 or something, maybe a bit more, maybe less.
So, Nerwen, confess!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #1135
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
and aren't there links from Lancelot to Dragons?
I think your right, but the only link between dragons I can remember from Arthurian tales is the white and red dragons that Merlin finds and shows to king Vortigern. Then there is Pendragon, but that's Uther.
Lancelot kills a dragon, but that's all I can remember.

~ Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #1136
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I think it's something in the symbolism isn't it? Arthur IS the dragon?

davem will know...

Though I think Hookbill was in fact predicting the spooky Earthquake we had the night before last!
Old 03-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #1137
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Now I had this really weird dream last night.

I was walking around in town late at night when my mobile phone started ringing. I checked who it was and it said "Gwath calls". (For some reason I had Gwath's phone number, it had something to do with WW, if I remember correctly I had modded a WW game with him and that's why we had one another's phone numbers.) Well I took the call, but he just babbled something in Czech language so quite obviously I didn't understand it at all. I was a little puzzled and told him that he had probably chosen the wrong number. He kept on talking Czech so I got bored and hung off.

*doesn't want a freudian interpretation*
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:47 PM   #1138
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
A lommian interpretation would be: you (subconsciously) mix Gwath up with Legate...
Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM   #1139
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
A lommian interpretation would be: you (subconsciously) mix Gwath up with Legate...
How did you do that?

Jste... zajimavy.

Then again, the subconscious is a wonderful, but strange place.

Speaking of dreams, I had a short little one the first day of Aganzir's WW game, but it really has nothing in relation unless Lommy's infinite insight can make anything of it.

Anyways, as the dream goes I woke up in the morning, readied my things, etc then went out into the kitchen to have a nice cup of kava. When I wasn't half-awake and finally turned around a random Downer was sitting at the counter eating popcorn. They were male, had blonde hair, and he wasn't very tall, but not short. It was kindof odd, because they didn't say anything, and the only sound was him munching on popcorn.
Then Nogrod popped into the dream, said hi, then went through the fridge and found some beer and sat next to the other fellow, but didn't say anything to him throughout the rest of the dream.
I decided to finally have breakfast, but for some odd reason decided to ask the blonde man if I could have some popcorn (though, really, who eats popcorn for breakfast?), he looked offended and hugged the bowl to himself and said,
"Pfft, no! Make your own! This is my bowl."

The dream ended there, but I was more confused that he was claiming the bowl and the popcorn from my pantry as his own and was so offended.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #1140
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Wait, so I might have been featured in your dream? Can you describe this mystery blonde further? I'm curious.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:32 PM   #1141
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That is hilarious Ka
Old 03-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #1142
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a very odd dream last night. It came to me rather clearly when I woke up...but now I admit it's a little vague. But I'll do my best and write this before I forget anymore.

I dreamt that Gwathagor announced on a thread that he was in fact not human at all, but a machine (a very advanced robot...probably something like the ones from the Terminator films). The thing was he was so advanced a machine that he wanted to become human and was in the process of doing so. Except that in his most recent surgery there were some complications and some of his machine parts crashed. Gwath was alright, but a bit worried which is why he posted this announcement on the BD. The reactions of others are a bit vague, though I do remember everyone was surprised that a machine was advanced enough to participate in a Tolkien discussion and play WW. Of course, we all wished him well. A few days later, Esty announced on the thread that Gwath successfully had a multi-organ implant and was recovering and surely on his way to becoming human.

Yeah...I told you it was a weird dream. Usually my BD dreams are dull and hardly worth mentioning. For example, I had a dream a few weeks ago that I was on a bus with several of my classmates and Lommy was randomly there. I kept thinking to myself, "This is cool...but what exactly is she doing here?"
Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #1143
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Wait, so I might have been featured in your dream? Can you describe this mystery blonde further? I'm curious.
I don't remember much about them, since the dream took place awhile ago, but this is as close as I can remember:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ithpopcorn.jpg

Excuse the 'amazing' drawing, I just doodled it, plus the hair also. It was a little darker blonde in the dream, but my photoshop is being difficult today.
I do remember that they didn't have long hair or any facial hair to speak of.

I would have drawn Nogrod, but I forgot what he looked like. Plus he only appeared for a microsecond after selecting some beer from my fridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
That is hilarious Ka
Why thank you. All a result of a continous lack of sleep and being busy. The only thing I can deduce from the whole thing is that my subconscious wants a dinner party, in the morning, with random Downers and popcorn.
Even the nightmare I had last night turned into some two-bit opera, but sadly involved no Downers.

~ Ka
Old 03-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #1144
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
this is as close as I can remember: http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...ithpopcorn.jpg
That seems to look a bit like myself. Not enough for me to start really worrying, but enough to be mildly freaky. I'll get around to posting a picture of myself for comparison when I have the time, motivation, and (most of all) picture. But until then, Ka, yours seems to work. Most strange.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #1145
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
The reactions of others are a bit vague, though I do remember everyone was surprised that a machine was advanced enough to participate in a Tolkien discussion and play WW.
Keep in mind I haven't actually survived a game of Werewolf yet ...maybe my robotic posting style makes the other players uneasy...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:01 PM   #1146
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Now I had this really weird dream last night.

I was walking around in town late at night when my mobile phone started ringing. I checked who it was and it said "Gwath calls". (For some reason I had Gwath's phone number, it had something to do with WW, if I remember correctly I had modded a WW game with him and that's why we had one another's phone numbers.) Well I took the call, but he just babbled something in Czech language so quite obviously I didn't understand it at all. I was a little puzzled and told him that he had probably chosen the wrong number. He kept on talking Czech so I got bored and hung off.

I've featured prominently in TWO Downer' dreams! That's pretty cool; makes me feel valued.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #1147
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
That seems to look a bit like myself. Not enough for me to start really worrying, but enough to be mildly freaky. I'll get around to posting a picture of myself for comparison when I have the time, motivation, and (most of all) picture. But until then, Ka, yours seems to work. Most strange.
*shrug* I can't really explain it myself. Only that I don't seem to have as many Downer related dreams as others do, but usually when I do I either know for sure who's in them, or they are random as can be.
I'll stick with your conclusion though, I can't assure anything except that yours makes sense. Plus, its all the more humorious.

~ Trouble's Braids Ka
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 AM   #1148
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Boots

Here's a post I posted on this thread on some of the alternate 'downs versions some days ago:

Ok, I have had a couple of BD dreams lately...

Sometime last week:
- Elizabeth Taylor had made a petition for Tolkien (don't know why) and Mith, Lalaith and Lalwendë had signed it.
- Sauce and Sauron the White met Peter Jackson in the Helsinki-Vantaa airport. Or it was more like StW meeting him and Sauce overseeing the meeting...

The night before last night:
- I had a couple of them but it seems I've forgotten. I have to ask Agan if she remembers because I think I told her.
- The only one I remember was that Legate had posted his admin thread and one person (possibly THE Ka?) had replied to it. And when I came to 'downs for the first time after that, guess which thread had been opened and how many people had posted on it...

Last night:
Okay, this is quite psychotic. The dream started with me being on the 'downs. I was playing in a ww game. There was only a couple of players, so there was only one werewolf, and of course I had the bad luck of being the wolf. I had a kill on Night1 and killed Brinniel. We lynched Menel on Day1 but I was suspected quite a lot too, especially by Nogrod. Then came Night2. I decided I'd kill Nogrod, because then people would not think I'm the wolf, because generally I would let Nogrod live in a village consisting of mostly quite players (there was at least Greenie and Shasta and probably one or two other people). The Day and Night phases only lasted two hours and it was the Night when I was thinking about killing Nogrod.

Suddenly I realised I had two unread private messages. One was from Mith and the other from Nerwen. Nerwen's message was odd. She said she had considered starting some odd mirth thread and asked if I wanted to help. I replied: "Yes, I can do the names of the songs in the soundtrack." So I devised 15+ new age -ish names with a Tolkienesque echo. There were songs called Arien's Journey and Golden Goodbye at least. One disco song was called High-Elven High and for some reason I wanted to name the remix of the same song Hyper-Elven Hyper.

When thinking about these songs I was drawn into real ME. I think I was in the fords of Isen and there were dead Orcs around. But suddenly I was in Barad-dűr with Sauron, Witch-King and Gandalf. I was doing a survey on health products and Sauron and Gandalf had opposing views: I think Sauron was representing some big company that fools its clients. Anyway, the four of us were going up the stairs and somehow this was part of the plot of LotR and I knew it very well, but I was afraid for Gandalf nevertheless. (Not for myself because I was, in a way, not there.) Also, I kept thinking that Tolkien made a huge mistake when he made Gandalf be afraid of the W-K.

However, when we had ascended to the top, I was suddenly Théoden and entered Sauron's office. He was really scary and I could barely speak. I knew he was my enemy but I could but show him allegiance and bow down, I was so mortally afraid. Suddenly he was Vladimir Putin. He asked me if I wanted to be the foreign minister. I was really surprised and could not say anything. Then he just smiled at me (it was the sort of tolerant smile you smile to slow-witted children) and I agreed and climbed over his desk to his side and started reading a newspaper that had Medvedev (did I spell it right?) and Angela Merkel on the front page.

Go analyse that...

edit: I just realised I have most posts on this thread... should I be surprised...?

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-12-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:26 AM   #1149
MaultheStoor
Animated Skeleton

Location: The cave under the Misty Mountains. Just take a wrong turn in the goblin's tunnels.
MaultheStoor is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
I had a dream that Gollum was after me. The I woke up strangling myself.

See? You made him mad.
MaultheStoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM   #1150
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Reposting a dream that vanished with an alternate Downs & adding a new one

A few nights ago I had a dream Brinn posted she's going to meet Groin Redbeard now that she's in Europe. I wondered why Groin should travel to Europe just to meet Brinn - surely it would have been much easier to wait for her to come back to the States.

The second dream isn't actually mine but my non-Downer friend's, who said I could post it if I wished.
She told me she had had this dream in which she & I were at school. She asked me to look after her bag for a while when she went somewhere. When she came back to me, her bag wasn't to be seen and I was smirking.
"Where's my bag?" she asked.
"I don't know," I said.
"Tell me now. What have you done with it?"
"I have hidden it."
"Really, this isn't funny. Where is it?"
"Well... I called Hookbill and he told me to put it in the fridge."
She was angry with me and Hookbill and thought he was annoying.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:23 PM   #1151
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I keep my bag in the fridge, right next to my shoes.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:36 AM   #1152
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
The only one I remember was that Legate had posted his admin thread and one person (possibly THE Ka?) had replied to it. And when I came to 'downs for the first time after that, guess which thread had been opened and how many people had posted on it...
Hee hee, yes, the complusive and random in-character posts... Afterwards, I am usually sure that I'll end up killed by admin priviledge or something similar for being annoying.
I actually miss doing that, and now I'm kicking myself for not signing up for Legate's game.
It looks very interesting, but I have far too much university applications right now and I had the 'plague' when the game was being decided.

I thought it best that I didn't say anything about joining because I had taken flu meds, and probably would have *conveniently* forgotten all of anything to with deadlines and school.
So, I'll just be reading this time.

~ Wishing for More Time Ka
Old 03-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #1153
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

I had a Barrow Dream last night...

At my university there was some commotion going on. Not sure what, and I never found out. But when I wandered around I found Nogrod, Lommy and Rikae standing in the corridor. So we hung around and were talking for a while (no idea what about) and then Nogrod says, "We'll wait a few more minutes for narfforc to show up."
When he did it turned out he and Nogrod were not speaking to one another. There was an awkward silence.

Weird.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:53 AM   #1154
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Last night, I dreamed that Volo and I had scheduled an online chat for whatever reason - but at the appointed time, we entered the chatroom only to be confounded by the band Jet. They were ugly, hairy, and odiferous, and whilst Volo cowered in the corner I was forced to deal with them by myself with my newly discovered Matrix-esque fighting skills. Them being dealt with finally, I sat back in my chair, and waited.

After eight hours of no activity on the chatboard, I looked up and found that Volo had been chatting with everyone and their sister, but not me. Not even about me, yo. Then Rune enters the chatroom, notices me, and says "Hey, can you get me a soda?" I say sure and log off. I thumb my nose at you both!

Then I went over to Kath's house, where Oromin was also visiting. We had a lovely chat, and Kath gave me the gift of a car, and Oromin gave me three cents. And a business card. Maybe she was a mechanic.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 AM   #1155
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Last night I had a dream that this certain friend of mine wanted to make a prank call to Saucie. Unfortunately, neither Lommy nor I had his number, so she decided to call Mith instead, whose number Lommy gave her without hesitating.
When Mith answered, she just mumbled something and growled at her. However, Mith didn't seem to be the least bit surprised about a stranger calling her, and started debating about something with my friend.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #1156
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Dark-Eye

Yesterday, I went to sleep thinking: "I'd like to have a weird an interesting dream. But sadly you never have them if you wish for them..." Apparently I was wrong, for I dreamt the following:

I lived in a big house. Its walls were painted in bright colours and it was quite pretty. Agan either lived with me or then hanged around at my place all the time. One day, a demon/ vampire / dark lord arrived. He took the house for himself and it became a dark, black-and-red vampire mansion. He said that I and Agan have to kill ten people. In return, we would get a cloak woven of their threads of life. We did not want to agree, but he forced us to.

I kept whining that I can't kill people. Agan took a more practical approach: she knew we could do nothing else. So, she started killing people, one per night. She killed seven people, and many (if not all) of them were 'downers. At least Sleepy, THE Ka and Kath died in her hands and possibly Volo and Brinniel too. But when she had killed seven people, she said that she's done more than her share of the duty and I must quit whining about our terrible fate and kill the three remaining ones.

The night after that, I broke into Rune's house. I went to his bedroom intending to kill him. But when I was there, I suddenly did not want to kill him. (It was not like "No, I can't kill Rune!"... it was more like "I don't want to play chess, let's play poker instead". ) So I went to kill some random woman instead of Rune.

Then, only one kill remained (yes, I know that my dream maths sucks ). The vampire lord gave us two choices. Either I must kill Legate or six lions sleeping around a fountain on a town square. Agan said I should kill the lions, I wanted to kill Legate. So we argued for a long time. I don't remember the arguments, except that I had some arguments for killing Legate that I did not say aloud and that my key argument was that it would make a better ending for the story if I killed Legate. Sadly, I woke up before I found out which one(s) I ended up killing.

Quite creepy, isn't it?
Old 03-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #1157
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Last night I had a dream that this certain friend of mine wanted to make a prank call to Saucie. Unfortunately, neither Lommy nor I had his number, so she decided to call Mith instead, whose number Lommy gave her without hesitating.
Probably a good thing Lommie doens't have my number .. mind you I seldom answer the phone.....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:21 PM   #1158
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Quite creepy, isn't it?
I have heard of queer dreams, but none are as queer as that one.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #1159
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
(yes, I know that my dream maths sucks )
And so does your dream logic. I would never ever insist anyone on killing lions. I adore them.

I had a minor dream in which I discovered my grandfather (who has been dead for, what, eight years) had been an active Downer when he still lived.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #1160
Volo

Hilarious!