The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #241
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
6 pages on Day1... and there's still two hours to go... I needs me a list.
...
Somewhat suspicious
Nienna (had a bad feeling about all her posts so far. Also: BG-voter)
Greenie (the nagging Persephone-suspicion persists since it fits so well)
Keepandir (just the vote. Annoyance might be cover for convenience)

Baddie, baddie, bad, bad
Inzil (vague bad feeling from the beginning on; don't like the way he went after me; BG-voter)
Nerwen (I would have given her the benefit of the doubt with the hint-thing, but her behaviour around it now is suspicious. She dismissed it very casually and went after me instead, and now that Nogrod addressed it, she seemed very tense)
I want to touch on a few of the items you mentioned. For the most part I agree with your innocent list. I say most part instead of all because I'm not in your innocent list.

I know I've played with Nienna but can't seem to remember how she plays. However as you pointed out she's a BG voter. I think some of the people who have voted for BG have been throwing their votes away.

Not sure what you meant by this: Greenie (the nagging Persephone-suspicion persists since it fits so well)

I think you make a good point about Keeper. Maybe something to look at.

As you pointed out Inzil is a BG voter.

And I wanted to touch on Nerwen. To me her comment seemed innocent, and I didn't see her defending herself as being tense.

Edit: x-ed with up to post #237
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.

Last edited by autume98; 07-26-2010 at 10:42 PM.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #242
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
You know, Nogrod and Mac's suspicion of me, Mac's of Boro and tum's of Mac all come down to the following bit of illogic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And this is a game where several people would need to hint at their mates or possible allies! So it would be incredible if no-one tried to make a contact!
And therefore, if you can't find proper hints, then any comment about the role "must" be a hint, even if it doesn't make sense as one.

EDIT:X'd since Mac's vote-post... and I see Nog's made this argument again.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #243
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Autume: this might irk you now - or a few others - but I'll vote Nerwen. I suspect her, and you don't mention her. Since I don't really trust you, that makes perfect sense to me.

++Nerwen
Now that just put a BIG smile on my face! In a strange way that really does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I seem to be trapped in a vicious circle... going to have a cigarette, going to brush my teeth... while leaving the computer on and just looking after every thing done if there is anything that is interesting... and of course there is... Gah!
I hear you Nog! I keep thinking that I really do need to vote soon, but then this is just sooo interesting that I'm not ready to put my laptop away and call it a night. Not to mention I really need to look at who I want to vote for. Yet at this time I don't see any unity on the votes other than the ones for BG.
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:49 PM   #244
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
But if you gave it even an effort, if you protested even a bit more I could see the innocent frustration in there.
No, actually I don't believe you. I don't believe there's any "perfect" way I could have responded that would have convinced you of my innocence. Whatever I did, you'd be saying it was a sign of guilt and something else the perfect response of an innocent. Sorry, played with you too many times, Nogrod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
As that is the easiest way, trying to find another scapegoat rather than giving multiple choices which are more insecure others might go for... or are right in the beginning (which is the concern an innocent has).
Again, attributing motive to me: I wasn't "trying to find a scapegoat". I wanted explanations from Mac for his conduct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Also you seem to be avoiding some of the questions I made... like the fact that some people (especially Hades!) really need to try to establish a connection and you were one of the only ones a trial for that could be read out from.
See my last post for why this is invalid.

Edit: X'd since my last post.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-26-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #245
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Thought I'd share the vote count:

Foley -> Eonwe
Greenie -> Mac
Kath -> BG
Lalaith -> Boro
Inzil -> BG (2)
Nienna -> Eonwe (2)
Sally -> BG (3)
Nogrod -> Nerwen
Wilwa -> BG (4)
Keeper -> BG (5)
Rikae -> phantom
Mac -> Nerwen (2)
BG -> Inzil

I did notice that Keeper didn't give a reason.
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:52 PM   #246
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

All right- I've skimmed everything now at least. Two things-

1) Does anyone have an updated tally?

2) Does BG's vote count (it doesn't have ++)?

edit: x-posted, so never mind the tally
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #247
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Mod God Interferes Pt. 2

Again, I will count BeiGei's vote for now. However, from this Day on, everyone MUST vote as so -------> [ highlight]++insert name here[ /highlight]

I have spoken!
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #248
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,619
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, I think I'm caught up for the most part (although there was a lot of skimming involved).

Re: Nerwen and Nogrod - to be honest, I think they're the standard two innocent vs. innocent that generally appear during day one. The light of my life is smarter than to openly announce that she's Hades, I think. And Nogrod has a tendency to go after one person early on regardless of their alignment (I would know, ).

Re: Boro - I don't see a reason for Zeus to be hinting to Hera, or to be hinting at all. I don't think his comment was a hint.

Re: Eonwe - I'm putting my vote on him. If he's the Cursed we're better off lynching him now then letting him be turned at night.

++Eonwe
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 07-26-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: X'ed with Tum, Phantom, and Glirdan
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:55 PM   #249
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
All right- I've skimmed everything now at least. Two things-

1) Does anyone have an updated tally?

2) Does BG's vote count (it doesn't have ++)?

edit: x-posted, so never mind the tally
With that the vote for Inzil is up in the air. So my list may or may not include Inzil.

Edit: x-ed with Mod and Shasta
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #250
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind
 
Blind Guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: By a Fountain, on a Hill
Posts: 687
Blind Guardian has just left Hobbiton.
I'M still going to be killed right?
__________________
"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they." Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #251
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm not keen on lynching BG today, but if Nerwen continues to attract attention I will vote to preserve her, as I feel her to be quite innocent.

I'm going to go back now and take a look at Steve's post and see what I think.

Heh- I really seem to be disagreeing with Nog's suspicions today (his suspicions of those who reacted to Boro as well as Nerwen).
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:02 PM   #252
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Notice

There is still 1 hour left before DL with six players left to vote.

The tally at this time is as follows:

Folwren --> Eonwe
Greenie --> Mac
Kath --> BeiGei
Lalaith --> Boromir
Zil --> BeiGei 2
Nienna --> Eonwe 2
Sally --> BeiGei 3
Nog --> Nerwen
Wilwa -> BeiGei 4
Mira --> BeiGei 5
Rikae --> the phantom
Mc --> Nerwen 2
BeiGei --> Zil
Shasta --> Eonwe 3
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #253
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I'm not keen on lynching BG today, but if Nerwen continues to attract attention I will vote to preserve her, as I feel her to be quite innocent.

I'm going to go back now and take a look at Steve's post and see what I think.

Heh- I really seem to be disagreeing with Nog's suspicions today (his suspicions of those who reacted to Boro as well as Nerwen).
I think we should keep Eonwe around. If he turns then we can always lynch him the next day. Right?
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #254
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
There goes my getting back into more European timetable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
You know, Nogrod and Mac's suspicion of me, Mac's of Boro and tum's of Mac all come down to the following bit of illogic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
And this is a game where several people would need to hint at their mates or possible allies! So it would be incredible if no-one tried to make a contact!
And therefore, if you can't find proper hints, then any comment about the role "must" be a hint, even if it doesn't make sense as one.
Heh. You can not deny the lovers (and Dionysos) have a great urge to get themselves known to their allies (and with Dionysos I'm pretty positive he thinks the wolves are his allies as that's the role he's going to get if thwey spot him and he knows that in advance he's the one). It's really a big thing. The power of especially Hades after getting in contact with Persephone is far greater he has before meeting up with her. Actually he will die if Persephone dies before they get into contact but if they get into contact first, he has a revenge-kill and all that... With his lover beside him he's one of the most powerful players around, without her he's one of the most vulnerable.

I'm not talking about the suspicions of Mac or tum - even if it would suit you to bring them all together claiming they are the same thing. But I can say there is logic to what I am saying and I'm doing this because of that.

And looking at the situation (the overpowering need of so many people to find out their mate or group) it's clear some of them would risk trying it. Looking at the thread though gives one just a few candidates so they should be looked even more closely. And your mentioning Hades makes perfect sense, Nerwen. Just because it was made so early you could have not known people like me would jump on it later as there was no general discussion about looking after such hints. I mean stating it after the fact, that why would a wolf-lover say something like that if it made such a noise, is kind of futile as a wolf couldn't have known beforehand it would arouse such a discussion. Looking at the timing of your posting would actually suggest you were confident enough to throw that in as others would rant as well - and Persephone could get the hint anyway...

Certainly, I'm not sure about this. Who would be on D1? But it's by far the best lead I have - as it seems we'll get some information about the Dionysos turning.


X'd with a crowd of posts...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 PM   #255
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Re: Nerwen and Nogrod - to be honest, I think they're the standard two innocent vs. innocent that generally appear during day one. The light of my life is smarter than to openly announce that she's Hades, I think.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
And Nogrod has a tendency to go after one person early on regardless of their alignment (I would know, ).
Indeed... though I am wondering about his apparent hypersensitivity on the subject of Hades. You know, sometimes people get obsessed with a role because it's their role? In fact it happens surprisingly often.

EDIT:X'd since BG at #250.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:10 PM   #256
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Heh. You can not deny the lovers (and Dionysos) have a great urge to get themselves known to their allies
I don't deny it. But the fact that they have a motive for hinting openly doesn't prove they have.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:12 PM   #257
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Moving on now, I'm not sure about Nog's idea about making something of the responses to Boro, as at that stage I personally believe everyone was just itching to have something real to discuss- mechanics and hammering out rules etc. Stretching their legs. Had a Day 2 comment been over-analyzed and jumped on I'd be more likely to agree.
Indeed. I think it's mostly silly fun, but I do think out of all of it I've got a fairly good feeling about Nog. He's reminding me less of his real life WW counterpart, and in a good way.

Although, I'm not sure there was a wolf in that group trying to look at my Zeus comments. Greenie looks more or less ok, looking at all her posts in their entirety, and not just the part where I confused her with the remarks.

Wilwa and Mac know better, if they're wolves to try and pick a fight and lynch me this early, because they know I wouldn't go down easily and in the veyr least if I died they would follow. Wilwa I like slightly more than Greenie in all of it.

Mac I'm confused by what he's trying to say it is, whether I'm a random lover leaving the most vague nigh impossible hint for my partner to try and pick up on, or that I was hinting I was Zeus? Because Mac, you mentioned Mith's game where I bluntly said I was the cobbler and everyone ignored it as banter. So, you're right, I have done it and I enjoy it immensely and would probably do it again if I needed entertainment. However, for this to be true, you would have to be saying that I'm Zeus, which you said you didn't think I was doing.

In all of it, Mac's been the most astute, a bit confusing no doubt, but astute as to knowing there were intentions in that post. Question is would you believe me if I said, Zeus has absolutely nothing to do with those intentions, you're looking at the wrong part.

Eonwe and Lalaith feel a little less good, Eonwe's been talked enough and Lalaith, while I feel the most wary about her clinging to my Zeus post for her vote. It's too crappy of a feeling to vote for her, 'specially since she's this is her first time back in a while. Need more time on her.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:15 PM   #258
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, so I read Steve's posts, and I think he's innocent. His wine comment is the only thing that I could see that would make him look bad to anyone. Some of the other things he said were quite good. He was the one who floated the idea of the two Rangers working together to protect the Seer in fact. I see no reason for him to have suggested that as a baddie. Anyway, yeah, I can't see supporting his lynch.

Problem is, the other two people with multiple votes- I don't suspect them either. At this point though it does me little good to try floating another candidate. It seems to me that it will likely come down to deciding which person I wish to save the most. Bleh.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #259
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor
 
Nerwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: ˙˙˙ssɐןƃ ƃuıʞooן ǝɥʇ ɥƃnoɹɥʇ
Posts: 6,701
Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Mac I'm confused by what he's trying to say it is, whether I'm a random lover leaving the most vague nigh impossible hint for my partner to try and pick up on, or that I was hinting I was Zeus?
The former, apparently.

EDIT:x'd with tp.
__________________
"Even Nerwen wasn't evil in the beginning." –Elmo.

Last edited by Nerwen; 07-26-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #260
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
I really want Tum lynched; I'm fairly sure she's a wolf. I don't want BeiGei lynched; there's no reason for this bandwagon, and I've been on the recieving end of enough wrong bandwagons to know that it's incredibly frustrating. I don't want Nerwen lynched; I think she's innocent. I don't want Zil lynched; I think he's innocent. I don't want The Phantom lynched; that would be silly. I don't want Boro lynched; that would be illogical. I want Mac lynched; he seems furry. I wouldn't mind horribly if Steve were lynched, but I don't think it's the best move.

But neither Tum nor Mac look to be viable candidates toDay.

And I'm left with the option of seeing one of my darling probable innocents lynched, or Steve. I'm sorry, but that seems like the option I'll have to go with. I don't like it much, but lynching a probable Cursed is better than lynching a probable innocent.

++Steve

EDIT: xed since Nerwen's 256
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #261
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Oh, and a word of warning to everyone- don't depend on a last minute reveal to save you. In a game with plenty of Ordos and fewer Gifteds it might work, but in this village pretty much everyone is a gifted. If we all switch our votes to save a Gifted, we're likely to just lynch another Gifted, and possibly one who is more useful, not to mention the ever present possibility that the reveal is merely a WW attempting to save his hide. Doubt coupled with risk- last minute "save me" shouts are just less likely to work.

No, I'm not suggesting that you reveal earlier to save yourself, I'm just saying you need to defend yourself as the voting goes along as you probably cannot afford to wait and see.

Also, am I correct in thinking there are no retractions in this game?

edit: x-post (Yet nother Steve vote?)
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #262
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
It seems as though one of the people I see as innocent is going to get lynched toDay. Out of the three with the most votes I see all of them as innocent. It doesn't seem right to vote for any of them.

The one I feel least inclined to vote for is Eonwe. Not sure who to vote for between BG and Nerwen. However if it came to where I had to save Eonwe I think I'd have to vote for BG. Sorry BG.
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #263
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Really, lynching BeiGei is your most cowardish option. And someone should really look closely who made it if that is what you do.

Lynching Eonwë I would not oppose to as I'm more or less convinced he's the cursed one and the wolves sure have picked him - and I don't understand that talk of him trying to be on the good side and tricking the wolves. Let us hear some arguments why he would do that and how do we seem him doing it (well, tomorrow, that is, or after his death anyway, not prior to it) as opposed to how we have seen him acting today.

Nerwen has two votes and you know what I think of her role.


Also I'm pretty confused with the phantom's points... I do normally follow his train of thought quite clearly but now I just think he has the perfect opposite view from mine and I'm baffled.

Of the other one-vote-havers Inzil, Boro and Mac I think are more innocent than not at the time.

Even if I could blame:
- Inzil for opportunism (going the way people went when he voted and being secure not to vote someone who would retaliate)
- Boro for being overtly cunning and avoiding (it's not the number of posts but the number of issues he has commented on - and the way he has done it).
- Mac for, well first not suspecting me heavily, but more like agreeing with me the most of the time!

But that's only those who have gotten votes thus far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
But the fact that they have a motive for hinting openly doesn't prove they have.
No. But the fact that they have a motive - and the urge to do that - does make you look suspiciously at anything of the sort going about...


X'd with a host again...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #264
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind
 
Blind Guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: By a Fountain, on a Hill
Posts: 687
Blind Guardian has just left Hobbiton.
All I can say is: it will hurt you if I was lynched.
__________________
"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they." Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #265
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
autume98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The other side of the fish bowl
Posts: 267
autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
So after making that post I think it's time for me to vote and go to bed.

++BG

Edit: x-ed with Nog and BG
__________________
The only thing to expect is the unexpected.
autume98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:33 PM   #266
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of Dol Guldur View Post
I'd have to disagree with you on that one, dear. What Mac said about Boro leaving a Lover hint does make sense (even though it took me fooorever to get). I'm still pretty convinced it was innocent banter, but it does make sense.

I'm also not stoked on this suspicion of Steve, for the same reasons as I wasn't stoked on suspecting Boro and Nerwen for what could very well be innocent Day 1 banter.

People I won't be voting for toDay:
Boro
Rest assured you still know me quite well, thanks dear. Now, if I know you well, hopefully you read this ere the night ends, and hopefully it doesn't confuse you. Don't hestitate to pick me, sorry for any trouble, I gotta know.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #267
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

A rather pointless comment here, but if I had six votes in my pocket I might actually give Nog a try, primarily because he is stretching to make attacks I disagree with.

I might also give Boro a try since he has been so unusually absent, and I can't work with him the way I usually do, plus frankly I have no clue how to read a quiet Boro. Getting him out of the way might be a weight off at the least.

But yeah- obviously not enough votes to get either of them lynched.

EDIT: x-posted with many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Also I'm pretty confused with the phantom's points... I do normally follow his train of thought quite clearly but now I just think he has the perfect opposite view from mine and I'm baffled.
Ask me a question and I'll try to answer it. What do you wonder about?
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #268
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind
 
Blind Guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: By a Fountain, on a Hill
Posts: 687
Blind Guardian has just left Hobbiton.
Nothing was posted here. Ignore me
__________________
"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they." Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 07-26-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: I have a [hehe] good reason for erasing that!
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #269
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
BeiGei voters - especially the later ones - really really need to be looked at toMorrow. I'd say most especially Tum, but that's just personal suspicion.

Boro - what the hey are you talking about? What happened to "Boro's not a hinting lover?"

EDIT: xed with BeiGei.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #270
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Finally managed to catch up with the thread. Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I have nothing real to go on. Please don't read too much into this vote.
Now that to me seems a bit like one of those "Oh, I don't know what's happening, let me just randomly vote this person, and if they're innocent it's not my fault" kind of wolf-votes. Though, on the other hand, it was really quite early, so I don't think it's really incriminating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
EDIT: xed with Steve and Foley - xe is a gender neutral way of saying "he" or "she". It's used instead of "they"...although I used "they" in this post, so nyah.
If anyone still wants more detail on this, and Rikae's link isn't explanative enough, this might explain it. Blame tgwbs for this (And I didn't even play in that game in the end!).

I had originally quoted lots of false/true seer posts to reply to, but it seems that that topic's been almost exhausted now. I'll just say that I think it's hard enough to interpret well-hidden seer hints successfully, so hints for xem being false will be even harder. Especially as they wouldn't know if xe's the True or False Seer until later. And also, why are we assuming that the False seer knowing that xe's false. We could easily end up with the False Seer not realising xyr nature. That's the problem I was trying too address. And then, what about false Seer reveals? Having two Seers just makes that even more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
There are revenge-kills in play, too. We'd flush out the Seers and leave them to die at the hands of angry lovers. I think, besides the fact that it is rather unsportsmanlike, it's too dangerous.
Wait, so do revenge kills go through even if the target is Ranger-Protected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
As I said to Loslote, you were talking about wolves who have dreamt of the "seer". They would have a whole night to go over the quotes of this alleged seer and decide whether or not to kill xem, and, if they're in a situation where their choice of kill is especially important (which you're assuming) there is no reason to suppose they'll miss something that will be obvious to the villagers the next day, with exactly the same information.
Exactly. There's almost as much chance of the wolves seeing any false hints as us. And with the Lovers talking to them as well (I assume they also don't want the Seer finding their Lover a Wolf), they have 7 of them (Of course, we have 13, but we're not all united in one purpose like they are- in this case, killing the Seer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
As we're all throwing out our suspicions of what Nerwen's role is based on her slip, may I just say that no one's suggested she might be Persephone, trying to find Hades? This is my current theory, anyways. I'd be up for lynching Nerwen, because if Persephone dies, so does Wolf!Hades - and I think Nerwen might be Persephone. If we don't come up with a wolf, that's where my vote will probably go.
This is what I originally thought. She could be hinting that she wants Hades to talk to her. Of course, this whole Nerwen thing could be blown highly out of proportion, especially considering the thing below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Why not just say "I'm ill"?
Because the gods do not fall ill. The only way they succumb is to alcohol and poison. My sleep-deprived brain tried to make an in-game analogy, and look what it's turned into! And why would I be so obvious as well? Because I didn't think of it as a hint, I seem to have ignored the fact that any reference to Greek mythology could refer to one of the roles, and that suspicions have been based on many of these. In fact, I even commented on one of these in that very post. So why would I make it so obvious? I might as well have just said "Lynch me! Lynch me!" all day.

And Nogrod, if you are innocent, why would you mention that I could be Cursed if no-one had picked up on it yet? If I had been the Cursed, you would have just advertised me to the wolves. Of course, it is true that you may have found it harder to convince others of it later if the Cursed does turn, but probably not much more than you did toDay. Though then again, if there would be less evidence later, you might have realised that it was just a bad choice of words.

Yes, sorry village. And the problem is that now you've wasted your time debating over me instead of the real matter at hand- the wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Do you remember his first post

And then there is the Dionysos-stuff.

Both scream "see who I am wolves!" to me. So he went all he could trying to get their attention and to make him their target.
Much too obvious, as I said. And because he's sticking to this so much, maybe Nogrod's a wolf who's trying to double-bluff by suggesting that I'm the Cursed so that if it turns out that I am, he could seem like he was trying to help the village, while totally distancing himself from the wolves (who would probably try to keep it quiet). In fact, maybe this whole thing is something Nogrod decided to latch onto because doing this would make him seem so un-wolvish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Well then.

I'm pretty sure Eonwë is the cursed villager and he wishes to be a wolf.
Now honestly, I wouldn't do that as a Cursed. Until xe is tured into a wolf, the Cursed is on the side of the village. I always try to play fair in WW, so if I was the Cursed it would be completely against my role, and the moral obligations of the game of Werewolf in general. So no, it would just be wrong to do something like that.


Some more comments:

-Mac is strange(r than usual) in this game. Sometimes he seems innocent and helpful, other times he seems very calculating and sneaky (And I'm not sure which the "Day in Three Parts" or whatever list comes up in. Probably both. At first I thought it looked good but now it seems that maybe he's trying to look helpful too much. But it is quite an original idea, so maybe not.) I'm currently leaning towards an Innocent, but quite possible an Innocent Lover.

-The BG bandwaggon is bad. Very bad.

-Greenie also seems like there's something strange about her. Not evil, per se, but not totally innocent and looking out for the village. So I also suspect Lover, though Innocent or Wolf I cannot tell.

edit: x-ed with this entire page.
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #271
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

What happens in the case of a tie?
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:39 PM   #272
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Mod God Interferes Pt. 3

In case of a tie, it shall be the last person to receive a vote that shall be lynched.
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 PM   #273
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
All I can say is: it will hurt you if I was lynched.
Anyone who's not a wolf, who dies will probably hurt us ya know. I can say the same about myself, the question in this will be the degree of hurt. Cus right now I'd venture to guess that on a scale of 1 to 10...if I were theoretically up to be lynched, and I was, it would probably hurt the village about a 7. You, I'm pegging at a 5 so far.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë
 
Nogrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Posts: 9,051
Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.Nogrod has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom about Eonwë View Post
Some of the other things he said were quite good. He was the one who floated the idea of the two Rangers working together to protect the Seer in fact. I see no reason for him to have suggested that as a baddie.
Now here we disagree again - and it is nice to see you taking that up as I let that out from my final account of him to see would anyone else take it up and in what way would they do it.

Now, if he really wants to get killed, what would he do? Raise the awareness of the wolves, surely. The "wolf!" post was the first trial and the Dionysos thing was his second... but then he wanted to make sure he got the attention and went for that great idea of rangers doing double-shift... if they didn't get the hint from the earlier ones, the wolves should find him dangerous and thus kill him!

Maybe he was waiting for more immediate feedback or just tried all his options as they came to him, I don't know. And obviously I'm not 100% sure about it, but it looks like it really all talks about the same thing. All those posts could be seen as ways to attract the wolves into killing him - and that's a lot from one person on one Day just randomly!

Heh, x'd again...
__________________
Upon the hearth the fire is red
Beneath the roof there is a bed;
But not yet weary are our feet...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:43 PM   #275
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Boro - what the hey are you talking about? What happened to "Boro's not a hinting lover?"
There are other roles who have picks of their own to make who are not lovers ya know.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:45 PM   #276
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind
 
Blind Guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: By a Fountain, on a Hill
Posts: 687
Blind Guardian has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Anyone who's not a wolf, who dies will probably hurt us ya know. I can say the same about myself, the question in this will be the degree of hurt. Cus right now I'd venture to guess that on a scale of 1 to 10...if I were theoretically up to be lynched, and I was, it would probably hurt the village about a 7. You, I'm pegging at a 5 so far.
That sounds seerish to me. Cause one seer is false. Or a wolf trying to look important.
__________________
"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they." Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:46 PM   #277
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
There are other roles who have picks of their own to make who are not lovers ya know.
Mm, but that's the one that comes to mind, particularly with the recent...for lack of a better phrase..."Zeus scandal." Really though, your blatant disregard for others' suspicion makes you seem almost innocent. Bugger, my brain hurts.

EDIT: xed with BeiGei
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris

Last edited by Loslote; 07-26-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #278
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

All right- time to decide my vote. The multi-vote getters I believe to be innocent, so....

Nerwen is the one I like the most. Definitely won't vote for her. Plus I believe she may be low enough that she would be a throwaway as well.

BG under most circumstances would definitely be my choice (due to play style and such), but as BG is very new (at least to me) and has according to what I'm hearing been lynched early on a regular basis, I'm going to attempt to spare her this time around out of courtesy, leaving me with...

++ Eonwe

Sorry, lad, but I just don't want to jump on the BG wagon. Not on Day 1. I want to give her a chance.

(x-posted with many posts)
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #279
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
A rather pointless comment here, but if I had six votes in my pocket I might actually give Nog a try, primarily because he is stretching to make attacks I disagree with.
I would second this. His arguments do seem quite stretched, for example his suspicion of me would mean I have to go against both my role and even the spirit of the game.

edit: x-ed since last post.
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:51 PM   #280
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enceladus
Posts: 2,581
Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Loslote is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via Yahoo to Loslote Send a message via Skype™ to Loslote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
That sounds seerish to me. Cause one seer is false. Or a wolf trying to look important.
I can see where you're coming from, but I think there's a simpler explanation. Boro is saying that he's important. A 5 indicates that you'd be a loss, yes, but average loss. The Hunter, for instance, would be a loss of about 1 - we wouldn't have lynched a wolf, but that's what the Hunter was meant to do, die. The Seer would normally be a loss of about 9, but in this game, probably more of a 7 or 8. (This is, of course, my ranking. I have no idea how Boro'd rank roles.) You wouldn't have to be a Seer to hazard a guess that your role is about average - it's a safe guess. Most peoples' roles are about average.

Heh. This wasn't meant to be so long.

EDIT: xed since my last
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.