The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #681
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The good news is I've divided the remaining players into 2 groups based on how they've interacted with eachother and the wolf Inzil.

Pitch
Greenie
Nilp


Pitch and Greenie were both very defensive of Inzil, and Nilp is pretty much saying he will not vote for Greenie or Pitch. Plus Inzil had very little interaction between the 3 of them.

Brinn
Nienna
Sally


Brinn and Nienna went after and sealed Inzil's fate and Inzil jokingly suspected them, and sally is just thrown in there because I really have no clue.

So far, I'm thinking the first group are more likely Inzil's partners, the way the night guard votes have spread out and no one clearly following someone, I think the wolves were trying to separate themselves as much as possible.

*However, sally and Nilp are interchangeable in my opinion.

Just thought I'd throw out what I'm currently thinking, now back to Pitch.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:35 PM   #682
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Nilp, why won't you consider to vote for Pitch or Greenie?
Reasonable doubt about their Wolvishness. I don't have enough suspicion of them to vote for them over other people. That list is willing to change, though, depending on my analyses. For example, I'm unwilling to vote for McCaber now (duh); Sally, Nienna or Brinn are the ones I'm most likely to vote. Still reading and analysing a lot, though, cos I have to be sure.
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #683
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Greenie:
36: Thinks there would be more to loose than gain if the seer revealed. Worried about Mnemo
39: Asks Nilp why he voted for himself
43: Says that she is not someone who one would want to get on bad terms with
95: Suspicious of Nog for his suspicion of Lommy
99: Would rather vote for someone with suspicion than a random vote or a vote for someone not contributing
102: Doesn’t like Day One’s, defends her mid-day chats
120: Is feeling ok about Mnemo now and defends herself, is still suspicious of Nog
138: Lynch votes Nog and guards me but mentions that she isn’t throwing away her guard vote completely… this is odd.
218: Doesn’t think the wolves would give up their kill so will probably vote Legate.
290: Mentions some possibilities for if Legate is innocent and if she doesn’t survive… votes to lynch Legate and guard Nog because he is her second top suspect and if he is innocent he is valuable.
410: Thinks that even though we can’t be certain of Nog’s guilt we should still pay attention to him … wolf trying to get another easy lynch??, then she doesn’t like Nerwen and her vote for Zil… it looks like she could be trying to get the heat off of her mate.
411: List: Creepy: Nerwen, Nog, Sally; No Idea: Brinn, Zil, McCaber, Pitchwife, Wilwa; Cuddly: Boro, Hakon, Nienna, Nilp
419: Asking who others want to lynch
422: Shies away from looking at Zil and wants to look at Boro instead
436: Doesn’t want to join the bandwagon so lynch votes for Sally instead
437: Guards Pitchwife because he is an easy Night target
479: Congratulates Zil voters, thinks wolves in the Zil bandwagon would be at the beginning and end, wonders about Hakon
482: List: Leaning Innocent: Boro, Nienna, Nilp, Pitchwife; No Idea: Brinn, McCaber, Nog, Wilwa; Leaning Evil: Hakon, Nerwen, and Sally
484: Worried that people aren’t taking Nog into account at all.
486: Talks about the Shasta guard-wagon
505: Sally creeps her out, flip-flops about Nerwen, Hakon is also being considered for her lynch target
507:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
… so it's Sally or Hakon. Is there any support for either of these? The problem is, I suspect Sally more but Hakon already has one vote so is maybe a bit more likely to actually get lynched.
… this seems off to me… it seems like she is more concerned with their death than their role…
510: Lynch votes Hakon and guard votes Boro
582: Defends her flip-flop nature in regards to Nog, then defends avoiding attention saying there isn’t much else she can do short of screaming "Heeeeeeeeeeey I'm a wolf!"
583: Wonders if a McCaber lynch is too easy
593: Lynch votes her only real suspect: Sally, guard votes for me but I couldn’t be guarded again so she changed to Wilwa in 595
647: Wonders if the Wilwa bandwagon was orchestrated by a wolf and if maybe one of the other lynch options was a wolf as well
650-651: Theory that both Pitchwife and McCaber are wolves, then that would make me a wolf as well

Moral of the Story: I'm pretty sure she's a wolf.

Edit: x-ed with a bunch
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #684
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
As for Greenie - she joined forces with my misguided effort to avoid lynching Zil, and voted to Guard me on the same Day (following Zil's example?). I don't quite know what to make of this. As a wolf who found me useful, she would have known I was in no danger of being Night-killed. So, Greenie, did you honestly believe we were right (as I did) ?
The Zil thing? Of course I believed we were right. Or rather, I did not trust the Zil wagon and since I had no real read on him I did not want to vote him but voted someone I found evil instead. Obviously I made a mistake about Zil, or at least failed to notice something others did. I guarded you because of the ones that had received guard votes you looked the most genuine to me.

I'm currently at a loss (surprisingly enough ) because my top suspects according to logic are Pitchwife and Nienna who both feel very innocent. Then again, my feel of people is often quite off and I think I'd rather trust my logic this time. It is a truly fatal Day. If we lynch an innocent, it's Game over. That is why I want to make a rational, well thought out vote that will (hopefully) contribute to the death of a werewolf.

Relating to that, I'm curious if the people who find me creepy have any reasons for that. I don't mind people being suspicious of me, as long as they don't lose us the game by lynching me, but I'd prefer to know why so that I can answer to those suspicions. Because, as we all know, the best way of finding out whether someone is really a baddie or just an innocent is actually discussing with that person. Just saying "She creeps me out" doesn't lead to any conclusions on the said person's identity unless lynched. By that time it's too late. We want to consider all options. We just really really can't mess this up toDay, which is why I don't fancy "S/he creeps me out" -style suspicions whether they are about me or someone else.


EDIT: x-ed with Boro, Nilp and Nienna
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #685
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
It's really quite a minor thing about Greenie which worries me the most, it may see insignificant, or trivial, but it's something that wolf-Greenie has done in the past, and the 1st time through I fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

In #411:
Quote:
Pitchwife - I have a vague memory that I had something to point out about him but can't remember what it was.. So far I really can't say.
This is one of the things that I met to say which stands in Pitch's defense.

I recall a certain wolf-Greenie throwing out a vague comment about how Nilp was suspicious and she forgot why, I read it as a sign that she was a gifted. I fell right into it and began aggressively suspecting Nilp, who wound up being the Ranger.

Her comment about Pitch reminds me of the same thing, a vague throw away comment about something important she had to say about someone, but then forgot.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #686
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Just to let you know I am here and working on analyses, but it's taking longer than expected so I'll try to speed it up and see how far I get.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #687
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I have to leave in like ten minutes. I'm still not sure who to vote for.


(Going to go think about possible wolf packs.)
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #688
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
We can't afford to split up the vote so keep that in mind.
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #689
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
McCaber?? Are you still around? Who do you find suspicious?
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #690
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Players:
Sally
Brinn
Nienna
Boro
Nilp
Greenie
Cabbie
Pitchie


Wolf pack #1: Greenie, Nilp, Pitchie
Wolf pack #2: Greenie, Nilp, Boro
Wolf pack #3: Greenie, Pitchie, Boro
Wolf pack #4: Greenie, Brinn, Nilp
Wolf pack #5: Greenie, Boro, Nienna
Wolf pack #6: Brinn, Pitchie, Boro
Wolf pack #7: Boro, Nilp, Pitchie
Wolf pack #8: Nilp, Nienna, Brinn
Wolf pack #9: Pitchie, Brinn, Nienna
Wolf pack #10: Pitchie, Brinn, Nilp

So....I guess my top suspects are Greenie, Pitch, and Nilp, more or less in that order. (And I know, it's not clear how I came to that conclusion based on the above list but it kind of makes sense in my head so meh.)

EDIT: x'd with Nienna
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #691
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
++Greenie



Sorry, but I really have to leave. Wish I could discuss but there's simply not time. I'd recommend (obviously) a Greenie lynch or possibly a Pitch lynch. Either is fine with me, since I think they both have an equal chance of being a wolf.


*dashes off*
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #692
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Boots

Doing an analysis of my main suspect Sally--so many posts, so little content--when I realised this.

What do we do with McCaber? Do we Night Guard him, keep him alive for one more DAY, but keep him from protecting someone? Or not, and let him twist in the wind? Obviously it would be better to protect him if we do get a Werewolf lynched toDAY (try to get the remaining baddies kill an unknown instead), but we'll have no forewarning whether the one winning the vote is Werewolf or not . . . So we need to decide this now-ish.
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #693
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,576
satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.satansaloser2005 is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Doing an analysis of my main suspect Sally--so many posts, so little content--when I realised this.

What do we do with McCaber? Do we Night Guard him, keep him alive for one more DAY, but keep him from protecting someone? Or not, and let him twist in the wind? Obviously it would be better to protect him if we do get a Werewolf lynched toDAY (try to get the remaining baddies kill an unknown instead), but we'll have no forewarning whether the one winning the vote is Werewolf or not . . . So we need to decide this now-ish.

Oh bugger, I'd forgotten about that.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #694
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
The only thing I'm banging my head over repeatedly is, despite our best chances ever to get a wolf now than any other day...with wolves so close to winning there is no doubt 1, if not 2, trying to steer our choice to an innocent.

It appears that's what McCaber was going to be set up for today, but to our fortune (or I guess mis-fortune now, at least we can defend him another night) our Ranger is revealed. But if I have this correct, if we guard McCaber, he will not be able to protect anyone, correct?

It still would be better to guard him, that way there is a known innocent the next day, at least I'm assuming now he is who he says he is as now everyone has seen the reveal and no one's countered.

Edit: crossed with Nilp, who wonders the same thing, and I agree.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #695
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I almost don't want to be guarded. I've been doing a terrible job of analysis, and I think giving the village one day (or possibly two, if the wolves are tricksey like that) to sort things out would be the best.

And it seems that Greenie has been chosen. Let's hope she shows fur at nightfall.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:11 PM   #696
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Thanks Nienna! That cleared things up a bit.
Quote:
Lynch votes Nog and guards me but mentions that she isn’t throwing away her guard vote completely… this is odd.
The reasoning behind that was as simple as to guard-vote someone who has already received votes. It's no good if the votes spread out too much. You had already been voted and I thought you seemed innocent and sharp and thus ended up voting you.
Quote:
Thinks that even though we can’t be certain of Nog’s guilt we should still pay attention to him … wolf trying to get another easy lynch??, then she doesn’t like Nerwen and her vote for Zil… it looks like she could be trying to get the heat off of her mate.
Well I still think that though Nog is now proven innocent it was rather alarming how people seemed to forget considering him as an option, since we had, at that time, no evidence whatsoever of his innocence. It would hardly have been pushing for an easy lynch, mentioning the possible wolvery of a player no one suspected. As for Nerwen's vote, my dislike for it was not due to who the vote was directed to but the fact that she voted Zil and pretty much said she hoped others wouldn't follow her in that. Voting someone without wanting others to do so too indicates to not really wanting the death of the person voted which makes me really curious as to why vote that person in the first place. Though Nerwen was innocent and Zil was a wolf I can still relate to that argument.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
… so it's Sally or Hakon. Is there any support for either of these? The problem is, I suspect Sally more but Hakon already has one vote so is maybe a bit more likely to actually get lynched.
… this seems off to me… it seems like she is more concerned with their death than their role…
My bad if it seems like that. I'll try to explain. I suspected both Sally and Hakon, Sally a bit more, but I believed either could be a werewolf. If I believe a person to be a werewolf, I want that person to get lynched rather than someone else. Therefore, I was faced with the problem of choosing between my two suspects: one that I thought a tad more likely to be evil, and the other that had already received a vote so was a more likely lynch candidate. My point in re-explaining my thoughts on this matter is this: an innocent, if s/he feels a player to be guilty, wants that person to get lynched, because the lynch is pretty much an ordinary villager's only weapon in this game. Quite frankly I wanted either Sally or Hakon dead because I suspected them. If it seemed like I was more concerned about their death than their role I'm sorry to have seemed so. But, at that moment I had already made some sort of vague conclusions about their roles - so in a way I was, at that point, concentrating on getting one of them killed. Am I making sense?
Quote:
Moral of the Story: I'm pretty sure she's a wolf.
I'm not a wolf. I can't, however, expect you to believe that. In any case that's quite a heavy conclusion compared to the arguments in your analysis. It's also not an argument, so it can't be answered with one. What you say is a subjective statement I cannot answer in any possible way; what I say is a subjective truth I can't prove to anyone.


EDIT: x-ed since my last
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:12 PM   #697
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
He's allowed to save himself so I'd say we should let him save himself and then pick someone to guard... that way there is a possibility, even if it is small, of the wolves being robbed of their kill.

Edit: wow... x-ed with a host
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #698
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
I almost don't want to be guarded. I've been doing a terrible job of analysis, and I think giving the village one day (or possibly two, if the wolves are tricksey like that) to sort things out would be the best.

And it seems that Greenie has been chosen. Let's hope she shows fur at nightfall.
However, you are a known innocent. It would be nice to have one less to suspect in the village, especially in this one.
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #699
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
However, you are a known innocent. It would be nice to have one less to suspect in the village, especially in this one.
That's a fair point.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #700
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
He's allowed to save himself so I'd say we should let him save himself and then pick someone to guard... that way there is a possibility, even if it is small, of the wolves being robbed of their kill.

Edit: wow... x-ed with a host
Oh, really now, Wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
The Ranger: Each Night the Ranger chooses who they want to save from being killed by the Werewolves. The Ranger cannot save themselves or the same person twice in a row.
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #701
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
He's allowed to save himself so I'd say we should let him save himself and then pick someone to guard... that way there is a possibility, even if it is small, of the wolves being robbed of their kill.

Edit: wow... x-ed with a host
That he can, checked the admin thread.

In that case, I would feel most comfortable protecting Brinn.

Edit: Nilp, you're not reading the rest of the sentence that you have past the underlining..."The Ranger can not save themselves, or the same person, twice in a row." I take that to mean McCaber can guard himself, just not 2 days in a row...but I would guess McCaber would know that better than the rest of us.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #702
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Her comment about Pitch reminds me of the same thing, a vague throw away comment about something important she had to say about someone, but then forgot.
Honestly now, I hope that even in games where I've been a wolf I haven't been that dishonest! Wolf or no, my brain has a regular leak in it, and I forget stuff all the time. (Again, an argument I can't expect people to believe.) I really think it would be rather unsporty to pretend to have forgotten an argument in order not to have to invent one in the first place, and I don't like it that people actually think I would do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber
And it seems that Greenie has been chosen. Let's hope she shows fur at nightfall.
Has been chosen?!? One person has voted for me this far. There are eight people in this village. I certainly hope I haven't "been chosen", because, quite frankly, that would mean we've lost the game. I don't even understand why people have nailed me up as a lynch target. I'd understand if I had behaved in a way that would have made me look like a wolf. Yet I haven't seen one single argument against me that actually holds water! This stinks of wolf. An innocent simply doesn't vote without valid arguments on a decisive Day like this. At least I hope so.


EDIT: x-ed with Nilp, McCaber, Nilp and Boro
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:21 PM   #703
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
Oh, really now, Wolf?
No. McCaber can save himself. Then we will have a known innocent. We can also save someone who we all are seeming to trust giving us TWO people we trust and taking away a KILL from the wolves. All in all it is solid and anyone who thinks otherwise is probably a wolf.
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #704
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sally Analysis

Quote:
No joke? I had just come across one of her posts and was thinking "I wonder if Wilwa could be a....oh look, she's got a vote!" Awkward.
This line comes to be a bit strange. Not sure what to think.

Quote:
I don't agree with Kit's reasoning for guarding Hakon. If she's innocent, it's not the best strategy (in my opinion it's better to protect people who aren't simply MIA, though I'm sure Hakon has a reason) although she does have a point about tendencies in wolf kills. (I actually guarded Mnemo because I know how unpredictable wolves can be if they like, so I don't put anything past anyone.) If she (Kit, that is) is guilty, however, there's a couple explanations.

It could be a throwaway on a packmate, thinking no one will follow her and so Hakon's activity won't get blocked. Dangerous, but you never know.
It could be a throwaway on an innocent, thinking no one will follow her and someone will believe the above. Makes a bit of sense to me, actually.
It could be an attempt to divert votes from a packmate (Legate?) so her furry friend(s) can kill at full capacity. Makes a lot of sense, but may be too obvious.
It could be an attempt to divert votes from someone she would like to kill toNight, a hope of getting people to vote Hakon so they don't try to protect X/Y. Also makes sense but wolves are flexible if they have to be so I don't like this one quite as much.
(By the same token maybe she thinks people will try to protect someone who's not been guard voted yet but who she thinks would be a usual choice. This theory could work for either of the last two.)

The thing is the I don't think a wolf Kit would guard a wolf Hakon and intend for him to actually be guarded; you can do your own maths on that one. So if Kit turns out to be a wolf down the line I'm going to say that either she's being tricksy or Hakon's innocent.
I still fail to see why Kit's guard vote looked so suspicious. Hakon could've easily been an early kill, and has been before.

Quote:
That's the part I forgot to mention actually, though I'm sure you all realized it already. If we do at some point guard a suspect (and there are four wolves) if there are still two kills we know that person is innocent. So really it's like we've got an extra seer dream (sort of) every Night until we kill a wolf. Shiny, yes?
Either an innocent realising something brilliant or a wolf trying to look good.

Then she gives a lot of tallies and votes Kit at the final minute. I don't care about her reasons behind voting her, but the fact that she was just chilling giving tallies but no other contribution for the last hour still looks suspicious.

Quote:
Told ya so. Just sayin'. (In regards to my poor dead duckling, that is.)
Interesting comment. It'd be clever for a wolf-Sally to try to save Mnemo then kill her in the Night.

Quote:
I'm going out in a bit but think it is interesting that there was only one kill. Of course it could be that Legate's a wolf (LYNCH!) or the wolves could be trying to frame him. But I think the former may be more likely because you would think the wolves would want to get two kills in whenever possible. And besides, if we decided Legate was innocent they could always kill him toMorrow Night or something. So....I don't know. I'm too hungry to think. Back after supper.
Seems to be feeling out for opinions before making her own.

Quote:
++Nienna (meh, might as well)
That was her guard vote. But I'm questioning what she exactly means by "might as well."

Quote:
++Shasta
Wasn't really around that Day and this guard vote came out of nowhere.

Quote:
Nog, here's our problem. I wouldn't mind being rid of McCaber either, but I think our options for toDay just became Wilwa and Hakon, thanks to Miss Brinn. So....yeah.
She says she can't vote for McCaber because of me, which I find weird. I still find her entire reaction to my vote that Day just odd behaviour.

Quote:
I know it's a bit late in the game to be voting on feelings, but I don't have time to look through all the posts. I'm considering....a Wilwa lynch? (The thing is I don't know if it's me who came up with this in my head or if I'm just subconsciously going along with the discussion of Wilwa toDay. Maybe I'll look at her toNight and hope to be around to take care of her tomorrow. I've not decided yet.
Begins to hop the bandwagon, which is suspicious.

Quote:
++Cabbie


Because I'm not likely to change my mind anyway. (Unless someone else starts looking really, really bad.)
Such an early vote on a critical Day looks very bad.

I flip flopped on Sally earlier, but now she's looking more suspicious than not.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #705
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm nearly positive I can't save myself. Unless something has changed since the admin thread said "No," that is.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #706
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
McCaber can't fend for himself toNight:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwa
Can the Ranger protect himself???


And what if a wolf is guarded by the village, the Hunter chooses that wolf, and then the Hunter dies? Does that wolf still go down with the Hunter or no?
No and no.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 PM   #707
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
This may sound like retaliation but I'm really suspicious of Nienna. Her role in yesterDay's bandwagon as well as her arguments toDay just stink of wolf. Pitchwife too, to some extent, according to my logic. I'd be ready to lynch either because I'm quite positive they are two of our three wolves. What do you others think? Who to lynch?


EDIT: x-ed with Brinn, McCaber and Brinn
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:28 PM   #708
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
McCaber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Skyrim, again.
Posts: 837
McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Now that I look at it, just from a tactics standpoint it makes sense for a wolf to vote early and try to sucker someone else into voting the same way. And to do so twice on the same day moves sally pretty near the top of my suspect list.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #709
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
The Ranger: Each Night the Ranger chooses who they want to save from being killed by the Werewolves. The Ranger cannot save themselves or the same person twice in a row.
They can't save themselves two nights in a row... this makes me assume they can save themselves at all.
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #710
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Boots

I interpreted it literally, without that phrase 'or the same person' partitioned. Because obviously he can't guard himself twice in a row (if he can guard himself at all), cos he's the same person.

I think we need to get a ruling on this, though.

Eönwë, can McCaber Guard himself?

EDIT: inserted '(if he can guard himself at all)'.
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #711
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I really think it would be rather unsporty to pretend to have forgotten an argument in order not to have to invent one in the first place, and I don't like it that people actually think I would do that.
Chill, I never said you do it, because you don't feel like making an agrument against someone. I know you are very capable, wolf or not, of making your own arguments.

I'm saying it reminded me of something to did towards Nilp as a wolf, and that first time I fell for it thinking you had gifted information.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:32 PM   #712
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I am not a wolf. Sally voted early because she had to leave. She said so many times and you were (and still are) the most suspicious person in my opinion so her voting early doesn't seem weird.
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:33 PM   #713
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest
 
Pitchwife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Posts: 2,907
Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Pitchwife is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
To Boro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
He questions Legate about his guard choices, but asks them why he thinks those two stand out from the others. Looking to hone in on possible gifteds Pitch?
Sorry, no. Just trying to get a read on Legate based on his answers.

Quote:
But you still end up voting for Kitanna. And if she was your prime suspect why would you have to reluctantly decide it?
It was Day 1, for Goddess's sake! Never had to pick somebody to vote, found one person more suspicious than any others, but couldn't be sure you were right?

Quote:
But wasn't heard guard Hakon, and guarding the quiet the thing that you said was sensible?
Only when I don't have any more viable candidates, or can't decide between them.

Quote:
Oh, like your own suspicions against Kitanna were not in fact, plagiarism? *points to #107
In a way, yes. Point taken.

Quote:
Discards Nerwen and Me as simply looking good. Yet has quite a bit to say about Lommy, sally, and Inzil. 1 known innocent, 1 unknown, and 1 known wolf.
So what exactly is your point?

Quote:
His reasons for not suspecting sally has nothing to do with her vote for Kitanna, but her vote tallies. And he turns suspicions on Nog and Brinn for pointing out sally's vote tallies.
I just didn't find her tallies a sufficient reason to suspect her, and found it odd that Nog & Brinn suspected her because of that.

Quote:
He makes no statement of feelings about Inzil at all, the only person in his list of fellow Kit voters, he just wishes to hear more.
Hear more so I could form an opinion about him, which I hadn't at the time, hence no statement.

Quote:
This is what he says when he votes Legate, kind of a wierd statement to make. You can tell us if you were secretly hoping he was gifted, Pitch, go on the truth sets us free.
This is what Nilp referred to as 'Legate as a test case'. If I remember correctly, about half the village thought that way.

Quote:
#373 and #375 In both he also defense Inzil, and defends Nogrod.
1 known innocent, and 1 wolf. What does that prove?

Quote:
Instead of restating what I've done, please point out what it is that made those things make me look suspicious? As I recall, Inzil turned out to be a wolf, my only regret is not following up on a vote for him, or sticking to my guns. His cool reaction was a lot different from the last time I suspected Inzil of wolvery (and was correct).
Yep, you were right about Zil. Go on, rub it in.

Quote:
I persuaded you to vote for Kit? I've taken responsibility for that crapper mistake, while you continue to blame me for persuading you.
I don't blame you; that was only one point in the post you're referring to, what made me suspicious was everything taken together. You made a point about Kit, I found it convincing; acting upon it (i.e. voting her) was my own responsibility.

Quote:
What would the point be in actually stating Legate was framed? The reason I suspected Nogrod still, is because I thought after that night when there was one kill, Nogrod immediately came out and tried to pass off he was innocent. However, as I told Nogrod I made an error, it was wilwa and Hakon.
I just thought that after that frame, you might have been more wary of basing suspicions on the NG and single kills. As for the last sentence, sorry, I don't get it.

Quote:
And me agreeing with someone about one of their suspicions is sketchy...because? Weren't you the one who became persuaded to vote for Kitanna, because of me and Nerwen?
See above.

You know what? Right now, I'm beginning to think I may just be too honest for this game. And I'm getting tired of sackcloth & ashes.
I'm assuming you're coming after me because you honestly suspect me to be a wolf. I don't say the suspicion is unearned, and you do it well. But if you're a wolf driving nails into my coffin to make sure another innocent is lynched, well done too.
Sadly, the truth as you see it will see us all dead.

P.S. Before I forget it:
++Guard McCaber
I think if he was faking, we would have a counter-reveal by now.

(x-ed with a host)
__________________
The 21st century is when everything changes, you've got to be ready.
Pitchwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #714
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,068
Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Boromir88 is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Thanks Brinn.

Now the big issue. If we guard McCaber we are assured of a known innocent tomorrow. However, if we don't get a wolf today, and guard him, then it's over. If we don't get a wolf today, and don't guard him, he can protect someone, but the wolves will most likely kill him...which means it's over anyway.

So, I say we guard McCaber.
__________________
I used to be for flip-flopping. Now I'm against it.

Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #715
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,399
A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.A Little Green is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Chill, I never said you do it, because you don't feel like making an agrument against someone. I know you are very capable, wolf or not, of making your own arguments.

I'm saying it reminded me of something to did towards Nilp as a wolf, and that first time I fell for it thinking you had gifted information.
Fair enough. Though I must ask - if you don't think I say I forgot an argument on purpose, then why is saying so a sign of wolvery? Or, do you think a wolf-me would come up with a ploy such as "I'll say I forgot an argument and they'll take me for a gifted"? Quite frankly (and this, again, is an argument I can't in all fairness expect you to take in) it wouldn't cross my mind to think that way! My mind doesn't work in ploys, whether innocent or wolf. I can't spot them in others and certainly can't use them myself.


EDIT: x-ed with Nienna, Pitch and Boro
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #716
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'd like to wait for a ruling from On High but am willing to guard him if he can't protect himself.
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #717
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
Boots

That did it. I'm pretty sure now.

++Nienna
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 PM   #718
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 2,897
Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Brinniel is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Suspects:

Sally: Look my analysis post of her for reasons.

Nienna: Her latching onto my suspicions of wilwa and pulling for the last minute bandwagon looks really bad. I do want to look at her more, but I'm out of time.

Greenie: A possibility as she has seemed to be playing safe, which is suspicious. She's flown under my radar, but then again she always does that. The only thing is that a bunch of people have suddenly started flying suspicion Greenie's way and are ready to lynch her, and I fear that this could be the start of a bandwagon of an innocent, which would seal our fate.

Pitchwife: Noggie did have good points about him, but I really haven't had time to look at him, and I don't feel I could vote him before taking a look myself. Deadline's only 25 minutes away. Where did the time go?
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #719
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable
 
Eönwë's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Right here
Posts: 3,889
Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
I interpreted it literally, without that phrase 'or the same person' partitioned. Because obviously he can't guard himself twice in a row (if he can guard himself at all), cos he's the same person.

I think we need to get a ruling on this, though.

Eönwë, can McCaber Guard himself?

EDIT: inserted '(if he can guard himself at all)'.
No, he cannot guard himself. What you said is correct.
__________________
Welcome to the Barrow Do-owns Forum / Such a lovely place
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:40 PM   #720
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: School
Posts: 643
Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
++ McCaber
__________________
Puddle! Puddle!
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:43 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.