The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #241
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I must say I find Eomer's unrelenting crusade against Greenie more than a bit puzzling. This is the third Day in a row that he's voted her. Now I'm not at all familiar with his wolfing habits, but would he really do something that eye-catching and questionable as a wolf? Maybe someone who's had more experience with him could answer this.
Old 08-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #242
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Speaking of voting patterns, does anybody see one here?

D2
Nerwen -> wilwa
Greenie -> wilwa (2)
skip -> wilwa (3)

D3
Greenie -> sally
skip -> sally (2)

Now I doubt that wolves would coordinate their votes so obviously, but if skip were the cobbler and thought he'd found a wolf in Greenie, it would make sense, wouldn't it? (Whether or not she is one is irrelevant to this.) I may be coming round to Agan's view after all...
Old 08-28-2010, 03:56 PM   #243
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Now I doubt that wolves would coordinate their votes so obviously, but if skip were the cobbler and thought he'd found a wolf in Greenie, it would make sense, wouldn't it? (Whether or not she is one is irrelevant to this.) I may be coming round to Agan's view after all...
I thought this was pretty interesting, so here's a look at some of Skip's posts toDay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Now we know that Wilwa and Boro were innocent and their motivations can't be mistrusted. Me, Nerwen and Greenie vote for Wilwa rather early, for reasons that did turn out to be faulty, but were rather clearly expressed early on. Then nothing really happened up until the DL.

Thing is, with the knowledge that Wilwa was an ordo, any wolves left to vote at that point would have been perfectly happy just sit back and waiver back and forth in indecision, wouldn't they? Their hands clean and all that.

Now I'm not saying that Nerwen and Greenie are necessarily innocent, but there's just something about the situation that makes me think that there were no wolves among the Wilwa-voters. Could be wrong, of course, yet:
So here he's defending the Vanilwuffin voters, including Greenie. If he were the cobbler, and he did think Greenie was evil, that is the sort of thing I'd expect - and he does it with enough of a reserved air not to attract much attention to himself.

Quote:
Starting with Eomer who did end up voting for Greenie soon after me. I'm not entirely happy about this one-man crusade, since it can be seen as a bit of a throwaway, and I am divided about his lupine credentials.
Here he's putting a negative light on Eomer's crusade against Greenie. Since a lot of people think that one or the other must be a wolf, this could easily be interperted as Skip trying to nudge us towards Eomer and away from Greenie.

Quote:
[*highlight]++Sally[/highlight*]
And finally he votes Sallycake. At that time, there were two votes for him, one vote for Sally, and two for Greenie. Obviously he couldn't vote for himself, so instead he follows Greenie's lead, because if he were the cobbler, he couldn't very well vote for what he thought to be a wolf - unless, of course, he wanted to pull a Boro and force a "save Greenie" bandwagon. But I don't think he played that game, so his only real option was to vote Sallycake.

So yeah, I do think Skip could well be the cobbler. But I'd prefer to lynch Eomer or Greenie, who I think could well be wolves.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #244
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Hmmm... I don't really know what to think of Greenie now. Haven't seen anything particularly wolvish in her up to now, and thought she looked quite good (pun intended). But I've fallen for the charms of a Greenwolf once before, so...?

To be fair, she called skip's you-know-who-I-mean remark 'more than a bit cobblerish'; if she really thought he's the cobbler I don't think she'd done that as a wolf (unless one of the wolves was in serious danger, in which case it could make sense to sacrifice the cobbler instead).

But then I don't like her vote on sally today based on the exchange between Agan and sally about Agan's Day One vote. I didn't find Agan's vote very well-reasoned myself at the time, and I think it was OK for sally to question her about it. Greenie's interpretation that a sallywolf was trying to deflect suspicion (of which there wasn't really a lot) from herself to Agan there looks a bit stretched.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #245
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

It's getting late again on this side of the ocean, and after what happened yesterDay I should take care not to vote at the last minute again, so...

As for wolf-suspects, it's between Eomer and Greenie for me (obviously they can hardly be packmates); which most likely means that I'm overlooking somebody, but no time to examine everybody else toDay.

I can't really make up my mind between them toDay (my brain not being in perfect working condition at this hour), so I think I'll go for the probable cobbler:

++skip

I hate to do this in his absence, but I've got to sleep, and there's still hope he'll be back.
Good night.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #246
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Vote Tally

Greenie --> Sally

Eomer --> Greenie

Aganzir --> skip

Sally --> Greenie (2)

Fea --> skip (2)

Skip --> Sally (2)

Pitchie --> skip (3)

Lottie --> Greenie (3)

++Greenie

Still to vote: Nerwen.

Oh, and I voted Greenie because of her odd reasoning about Agan and Sally, and because of her strange/evil-looking voting record.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:30 PM   #247
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Greenie--> Sally (1)
Eomer--> Greenie (1)
Agan--> skip (1)
Sally--> Greenie (2)
Fea--> skip (2)
skip--> Sally (2)
Pitch--> skip (3)
Lottie--> Greenie (3)

Left to vote:Nerwen

DL is in 30 minutes.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #248
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Back for the rest of the evening.

Quick forum question. Is multi-quoting acting up for anyone else?

Anyway, in repsonse to Skip's question earlier toDay (about who I planned to vote for yesterDay) I've already answered it. I intended to vote Eomer.

Truthfully right now I'd be happy with either Eomer or Greenie being gone, but I feel we could learn a bit more from Greenie's death, which is why I voted her toDay instead of Eomer.

Need to get settled in and such, and then I'll be back.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #249
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Silmaril

Okay, sorry for not being around.

I'm just thinking what to do– despite my reservations earlier, I wouldn't mind giving Greenie a shot (I feel rather better about Sally after her responses to me).

However, the other candidate's skip, and after sounding him out I do think he might well be the cobbler. (Which Greenie pointed out... Hmmn...)

And if we don't get one of the baddies toDay we're in trouble.

EDIT: X'd with Sally.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #250
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
However, the other candidate's skip, and after sounding him out I do think he might well be the cobbler. (Which Greenie pointed out... Hmmn...)
Then you know who your vote has to be, don't you?
Old 08-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #251
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Silmaril

Well, let's hope for the best. Can't delay any longer, the way my connection's acting up.

++A Little Green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Truthfully right now I'd be happy with either Eomer or Greenie being gone, but I feel we could learn a bit more from Greenie's death, which is why I voted her toDay instead of Eomer.
Trouble is, from here it looks like if it's not Greenie, we're also going to have to be looking pretty hard at you, Sally.
Old 08-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #252
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Trouble is, from here it looks like if it's not Greenie, we're also going to have to be looking pretty hard at you, Sally.
Hey, fair enough. I've nothing to hide this game.

And now we wait. o_O
Old 08-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #253
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
The third day of their ordeal found the group in a particularly depressed state.
The loss of Boro, who they were now aware had apparently developed a means to protect them, had hit them hard.

It seemed that this day there were three who under the most suspicion: Greenie, skip, and Sally.

It was Greenie who "won" in the end, though.

"You know what to do," Eomer told her.

"I haven't killed anyone!", exclaimed Greenie. "You're all crazy!"

"Go on," said Sally. "We're not going to argue with you."

"Fine!" said Greenie, exasperated. "But when I'm gone, make sure you all get the real killers."

She walked into the chamber. Sally shut the door.

"Okay," said Lottie. "Where do we send her?"

"Well, what about 1066?" suggested Eomer.

"Oh, yes, the Norman Conquest. That should be fun." Nerwen opined.

Lottie set the time for 1066, then pressed the center buttton.

"I told you you're all insane!" yelled Greenie. "It wasn't me....'

"Gzzthktkk", went the machine.

And Greenie was gone, perchance to meet William the Conquerer.

The Living
Nerwen
Pitch
Sally
Lottie
skip
Fea
Eomer
Agan

The Dead
Professor Inzil (mod) Head full of knowledge cracked open Night 1
The Elf-warrior Robot Killer (wolf)- Fried like foil in a microwave Day 1
Shasta (ordo)- Made into a Shastacicle Night 2
Wilwa (ordo)- Found her big chance to get away from it all Day 2.
Boro (Ranger)- Learned to stop worrying and love the brick Night 3
Greenie (ordo)- Off to have fun with the Normans Day 3

IT IS NIGHT 4. Wolves and Seer do your thing.

Last edited by Inziladun; 08-28-2010 at 07:09 PM. Reason: left out a word
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #254
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Also, this was a strangely quiet last hour. Odd.

EDIT: Seriously, x'd? I'm not really complaining, but this is getting to become an accidental habit.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:00 PM   #255
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Night 4

Fea woke from a sound sleep to hear the creak of the floorboards in her room. She opened her eyes and saw two dark figures standing there. The one nearest the door quietly shut it. The other, at the foot of her bed, began walking to the other side of it, apparently to surround her. Suddenly, it stumbled and flung out its arms for balance as it tripped over one of Fea's black high-heeled shoes. Angrily, it kicked the shoe hard into the wall.

"Oh, now you've done it!" she said, her eyes narrowed. "Those are Italian!" The mechanoid's eyes widened in shock as Fea launched herself at it, and both fell to the floor.
Struggling to hold Fea off as she hit and clawed at it, the droid groped on the floor and found the shoe it had kicked. A swing of its arm and the heel went into Fea's eye. She collapsed.

"Thanks for the help!", it said to its partner sarcastically as it pushed Fea off it.

"I thought it was funny," chuckled the one by the door.

"You lousy..." muttered the other. "Never mind."

The two carefully walked out into the hall and made their way back to their rooms.

The Living
Nerwen
Pitch
Sally
Lottie
skip
Eomer
Agan

The Dead
Professor Inzil (mod) Head full of knowledge cracked open Night 1
The Elf-warrior Robot Killer (wolf)- Fried like foil in a microwave Day 1
Shasta (ordo)- Made into a Shastacicle Night 2
Wilwa (ordo)- Found her big chance to get away from it all Day 2.
Boro (Ranger)- Learned to stop worrying and love the brick Night 3
Greenie (ordo)- Off to have fun with the Normans Day 3
Fea (ordo)- A victim of her own fashion sense (and some murderous robots) Night 4

IT IS NOW DAY 4
Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #256
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, that sucks.

On the plus side, thank you, wolves, for killing someone who I'd forgotten was playing. (I know, right?) Somehow Fea had evaded my attentions, so I'd planned to spend vast amounts of toDay deciding what she was. Now I don't have to.

Of course, now she's dead, so....

*hugs her corpse*
Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 PM   #257
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The Living
Nerwen
Pitch
Sally
Lottie
skip
Eomer
Agan

Innocent
Sally

Feel okay about currently
Nerwen
Lottie (?)

Iffy on
Skip
Pitch

Want to lynch
Eomer
Agan
Old 08-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #258
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

At the very least, Fea got just about the best narration in the history of ever. Death by shoes is definitely the way to go.

Also. Eomer? He should die. One out of Greenie and Eomer are almost definitely evil, Greenie's definitely not, which leaves...
Old 08-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #259
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

It's three baddies to four innocents now, and we don't have a Ranger. So I think if it looks like we're going to lynch someone the Seer knows is innocent, he or she should reveal– if we mess it up toDay we're done for.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #260
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
It's three baddies to four innocents now, and we don't have a Ranger. So I think if it looks like we're going to lynch someone the Seer knows is innocent, he or she should reveal– if we mess it up toDay we're done for.
Or, y'know, if you caught a wolf. That'd almost be better, what with the whole "cobbler shows up as innocent" thing.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:42 PM   #261
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
As much as I hate to admit it, I think they should reveal anyway. Not right now, of course, assuming you or Lottie even is the seer, but some time toDay. If they have any information it's key that we know it as well, because....well, we're at End Game, people. We can't afford to mess up now.

However, the cobbler doesn't know the wolves for sure, so they'll steal have to tread lightly. That gives me some relief, but not enough to not be freaking out.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #262
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Or, y'know, if you caught a wolf. That'd almost be better, what with the whole "cobbler shows up as innocent" thing.
Trufax. However, we don't want to lynch the cobbler toDay either, as that would result in End Game as much as lynching an innocent. So I'd rather "clear" the cobbler and know not to lynch them than not know anything at all.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #263
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
Trufax. However, we don't want to lynch the cobbler toDay either, as that would result in End Game as much as lynching an innocent. So I'd rather "clear" the cobbler and know not to lynch them than not know anything at all.
In fact, we can't afford to have an innocent vote the cobbler at all toDay. So I suggest everyone hold off voting as late as you can, until all players have responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Also. Eomer? He should die. One out of Greenie and Eomer are almost definitely evil, Greenie's definitely not, which leaves...
Who do you suppose to be his partner, then?
Old 08-29-2010, 09:10 PM   #264
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
In fact, we can't afford to have an innocent vote the cobbler at all toDay. So I suggest everyone hold off voting as late as you can, until all players have responded.
Agreed. As far as I know I'll be here around the DL, so there's one innocent who can wait around and watch for sneaky ties and things.

That being said, I won't be on much (if at all) between when I go to bed tonight and about three hours before DL. Just so everyone knows, etc., etc.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #265
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, kids, I'm afraid that's it from me for tonight. I'll try to check back before I go to work in the morning but I'm not promising anything.

Be good while I'm gone, and don't do anything dumb (like voting me, for instance).
Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #266
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Who do you suppose to be his partner, then?
I honestly don't know. I feel pretty good about Pitchie, but I could well be wrong about him. I don't really suspect you, but you are, by default, my second choice for "most evil". Agan wins first choice, but I don't really suspect her either. I'm pretty sure Skip is the cobbler, and I'm pretty sure about Sally's innocence. So...Agan, probably. But I'm a thousand times more sure about Eomer.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #267
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ok Loslote, you're being pretty obvious. I just hope the village doesn't fall for it.

A thousand times more sure about Eomer, eh? That's only meaning one thing.

Clearly, I can see your game, though no-one else will -- unless you-know-who (and I ain't talking Voldemort) steps forward - not sure if that's wise yet though.

Nerwen's remark was interesting too. She said there's 3 baddies to 4 innocents. There's no way she doesn't realise that the cobbler could be gone already, unless she is the cobbler; but why would she reveal as the cobbler right now? She could be manipulating us to deduce that she is the cobbler, so we don't 'waste' a kill on her.

Worrying. What does everybod else think about that? Or have I misread it?

I note Loslote gives a in response. Too daring?

Last edited by Eomer of the Rohirrim; 08-29-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: typo - what the heck is 'worring'?
Eomer of the Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #268
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Ok Loslote, you're being pretty obvious. I just hope the village doesn't fall for it.

A thousand times more sure about Eomer, eh? That's only meaning one thing.

Clearly, I can see your game, though no-one else will -- unless you-know-who (and I ain't talking Voldemort) steps forward - not sure if that's wise yet though.
What, you think I'm hinting at being the Seer or something? I'm not the Seer, I'll get that out of the way right now. By 'thousand times more sure', I meant that, compared to my almost assurance of your guilt, my suspicion of Agan is barely acknowledgeable.

Quote:
Nerwen's remark was interesting too. She said there's 3 baddies to 4 innocents. There's no way she doesn't realise that the cobbler could be gone already, unless she is the cobbler; but why would she reveal as the cobbler right now? She could be manipulating us to deduce that she is the cobbler, so we don't 'waste' a kill on her.

Worrying. What does everybod else think about that? Or have I misread it?
Erm...because Zil announces the roles of the dead people, and there hasn't been a 'cobbler' among the list of the dead.

Quote:
I note Loslote gives a in response. Too daring?
What's this now? Daring how? Did I hint again without knowing it? I thought I was simply pointing out that we can't take the Seer's innocents at face value.

EDIT: Just realized I bolded one of the quotes instead of quoting it. Fixed.

Last edited by Loslote; 08-30-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #269
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
I honestly don't know. I feel pretty good about Pitchie, but I could well be wrong about him. I don't really suspect you, but you are, by default, my second choice for "most evil". Agan wins first choice, but I don't really suspect her either. I'm pretty sure Skip is the cobbler, and I'm pretty sure about Sally's innocence. So...Agan, probably. But I'm a thousand times more sure about Eomer.
From my point of view, though, it's a puzzle:

Here's the Day Two votes (known innocents underlined)

Wilwa --> Loslote (1)
Nerwen --> Wilwa (1)
Boromir --> Sally (1)
Green --> Wilwa (2)
Skip - Wilwa (3)
Eomer --> Green (1)
Lottie --> Eomer (1)
Aganzir --> Eomer (2) (on DL)
Pitchwife --> Eomer (3) (after DL, didn't count)

Didn't vote: Fea, Sally.

See, I can understand how you (assuming you're innocent) could see me as a possibility. But I know I'm not a wolf, so for me the question is: if Eomer is Wolf 2, and Skip is the cobbler, who can Wolf 3 be? Agan, if a wolf, didn't need to vote Eomer– she could have just voted Skip like she was talking about, let Wilwa die and kept her hands clean. Now, that wasn't a "safe" vote– either Pitch or Sally following it would have killed Eomer. Could she have just assumed she'd stalled long enough that there was no time for anyone else to vote?

EDIT:X'd since Lottie at #266; clarification.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-30-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:15 AM   #270
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
Nerwen's remark was interesting too. She said there's 3 baddies to 4 innocents. There's no way she doesn't realise that the cobbler could be gone already, unless she is the cobbler
??? Do you know something we don't, Eomer? Where does it say the cobbler's role won't be revealed on death?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #271
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
See, I can understand how you (assuming you're innocent) could see me as a possibility. But I know I'm not a wolf, so for me the question is: if Eomer is Wolf 2, and Skip is the cobbler, who can Wolf 3 be? Agan, if a wolf, didn't need to vote Eomer– she could have just voted Skip like she was talking about, let Wilwa die and kept her hands clean. Now, that wasn't a "safe" vote– either Pitch or Sally following it would have killed Eomer. Could she have just assumed she'd stalled long enough that there was no time for anyone else to vote?
You know, I don't think she could have assumed that. As a wolf, it really doesn't make sense. But then, it doesn't make sense for wolf!you to point that out, either. So is it possible I'm wrong about Pitchie? Here's a question: can anyone think, off the top of their head, without reading through, anything contraversial he's done? Like, really contraversial? Because now that I think of it, his behavior around Eomer was exactly Mr. Agreeable, and he could have held off voting until just after DL. Does this make sense, or am I being silly?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #272
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Quote:
So is it possible I'm wrong about Pitchie? Here's a question: can anyone think, off the top of their head, without reading through, anything contraversial he's done? Like, really contraversial? Because now that I think of it, his behavior around Eomer was exactly Mr. Agreeable, and he could have held off voting until just after DL. Does this make sense, or am I being silly?
No, it makes sense, I think. And somebody's usually the quiet wolf.

But then, how about Agan-cobbler and Skipwolf (impersonating the cobbler)?
Old 08-30-2010, 02:00 AM   #273
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Making a quick pop-in...

well well another Day that went badly...

Poor Greenie... At least you could've sent her sometime nice... Like the swinging 60's...

But okay, let's not be hasty now. We can't afford to lynch another ordo tonight, that's certain, but at least we've got a Seer still alive who can have a say about that. The wolves will be feeling the heat too, no doubt...

Will be back later during the Day... No rushed votes now, ladies and gents!
Old 08-30-2010, 02:31 AM   #274
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Quote:
??? Do you know something we don't, Eomer? Where does it say the cobbler's role won't be revealed on death?
Apologies if I've misunderstood - it wouldn't be the first time in WW - but I thought Cobblers weren't revealed on death?

Probably getting confused with Curseds.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:46 AM   #275
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Apologies if I've misunderstood - it wouldn't be the first time in WW - but I thought Cobblers weren't revealed on death?

Probably getting confused with Curseds.
Yes, you probably are. Cobblers are usually revealed on death, and there was no indication this game would be different.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:24 AM   #276
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Silmaril

Fea, yesterDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Sigh. I didn't think he was the Ranger (I keep sort-of forgetting that role)... but I did think he was innocent. So now I'm a bit bummed that my list of people I trusted is slimmed down that much more.
Could this have been taken as a Seer- hint? If so, the wolves haven't been paying attention:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules
If xe dreams of the Ranger, the two may PM during the Night Phase only as long as both live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I don't at all care how suspicious it makes me look to not be around all Day and then just spontaneo-vote for somebody I've not expressed feelings about. Particularly since I'm not going to bother trying to make myself look good by giving you a bunch of bogus reasons as to why this doesn't look suspicious. Of course it does, and I'd be lying if I was like, "No, really, it's completely legitimate to just show up and vote for somebody without giving any good reason."

++Skip

I would much rather see him go than Greenie. If I'm wrong, well, my bad. And if I'm right, I hope the wolves kill me so the seer can get another night.

And more importantly, I hope the seer's dream targets are all still alive so that we get a few known innocents instead of just one or none.
This post, however, does seem like the sort of thing that might look Seer-ish to the wolves. Which doesn't look good for Skip; however, the wolves might also have thought the "dream" was Greenie, in which case this would also be an attempt to frame Skip. (There's no trail from Fea to anyone else, either.)
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 AM   #277
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
What, you think I'm hinting at being the Seer or something? I'm not the Seer, I'll get that out of the way right now. By 'thousand times more sure', I meant that, compared to my almost assurance of your guilt, my suspicion of Agan is barely acknowledgeable.

Erm...because Zil announces the roles of the dead people, and there hasn't been a 'cobbler' among the list of the dead.
It seems you're correct about the last thing; I'll give you that much.

But I don't buy your explanation of the first. That's an incredibly strong accusation of me (an innocent) compared with another villager. At this stage of the game it's pretty hard for the village not to see you as the Seer, with a comment like that.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:45 AM   #278
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Cobblers are usually revealed on death, and there was no indication this game would be different.
To clear this up, the Cobbler's role will be revealed upon xyr death. It's only a Seer's dream that will cause xym to show as an ordo.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:07 AM   #279
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
As Eomer himself pointed out. And I still don't know what "fairly obvious hint" you guys are talking about!
To get this thing cleared up too (although Pitch's got the jest of it), and I'm paraphrasing:

Eomer: I'd prefer if Lottie was wielding a sword like a crazy person. She seems too careful now...

skip: Interesting. The last and only time I played with Lottie, she was just that person ie very outspoken and direct about her accusations.

Eomer: Oh really? But to be fair, when I last played with her she was actually very careful like she is now...

Lottie: Oh, but you have to remember, in that game I was a gifted (which can explain my carefulness)

You can see what I and Eomer are talking about, can't you? Then again, I agree with Pitch that Lottie probably would've been more careful if she actually is gifted ie the Seer.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #280
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Agan and Greenie's cases on me make no sense, Greenie's especially. While before I had thought Eomer a possible top suspect, Agan seemed to hop onto me quite suddenly, and since I started suspecting her she's pressed harder. A possible panicked wolf? Greenie, however, looks a wolf based on most of her behavior. Her vote for Wilwa (and then for me, when she had said in a closely previous post that she was so far undecided on me) makes me extremely worried.

I think that either Eomer or Greenie HAS to be a wolf, because while I don't think them being wolves together is an option any longer, I think they're both rather independently evil, Greenie especially. I can't get a feel on who Agan's pack would be, which makes me think that perhaps she's not a wolf after all, but she, too, feels furry and opportunistic. Perhaps a Finnish pack? I'm not sure.

Greenie's #206 is the most worrisome post for me. She gives the possibility both of me catching Agan and me trying to set her up, and then quickly seems to decide that I must be the evil one in the situation. Quick hop of logic there.

Basically my main suspects are Greenie and Eomer, because I'm almost certain that one of them is evil, and Agan as third place. Skip too depending on how he answers my question above.
Almost forgot to apologise for being the main cause of Greenie's lynching. Sometimes you just get an idea in your head and it stays there. Got it very wrong.

A bit cheeky of me then, perhaps, to highlight this post from Sally, but I'm doing some re-reading and this jumps out as being very suspicious.

She has decided that either Eomer or Green "HAS to be a wolf" and I'm not sure why she would come to this conclusion - especially when she clearly states that she has two other suspects.

My main reason for suspecting her is that this move looks like a subtle manipulation attempt. I was highly suspected the day before, correct? Almost the one most likely to be lynched. What better way to get two birds with one stone than to push a relatively unsuspected (until that day) villager ahead of Mr Public Enemy while simultaneously forging a connexion between the two? Pushing this theory cleverly plants the idea that, when Green's innocent nature is revealed, Eomer is somehow more suspicious than he was.

I dunno, this just seems off to me. Maybe I'm being paranoid (who am I kidding - it's what the game is all about!) I don't know how she can narrow down the list like that. We all have top suspects - I myself yesterday said that I'd want Loslote killed if the choice of Greenie was wrong. But Sally's wording seems evil to me.